[kde-doc-english] Docbook manual review - 3rd-party apps?

techno_plume-coding at yahoo.com techno_plume-coding at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 21:24:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to writing KDE documentation. I recently wrote a help manual
for a third-party (i.e. not in KDE SVN) Qt/KDE application. The
software is open-source & hosted on SourceForge. The previous version
of the manual was just the vanilla index.docbook template with the name
of the program & author's name inserted.

Because I had neither contributed to KDE docs writing nor used Docbook
before, it really would be helpful to me if someone more experienced
were to review my effort (Docbook markup, standards etc). :)

I *would* like to make small contributions to docs for software
distributed with KDE in the future, now that I've spent the time needed
to get to grips with the markup! This software is maintained outside of
KDE though. I followed the guidelines on the relevant KDE project
websites (e.g. documentation primer) as best I could while writing it.
The manual and program are fairly simple - as yet the manual doesn't
use screenshots. Links are below.

Thank you,

Richard.

Page w/links for index.docbook file (plus cache & docbook file
word-wrapped in Kate): http://tinyurl.com/rg8dl
Direct URL to index.docbook file: http://tinyurl.com/q5g33
Direct URL to word-wrapped index.docbook file: http://tinyurl.com/j5qmd