[kde-doc-english] Just a suggestion

Éric Bischoff ebischoff at nerim.net
Sat Jan 14 16:16:08 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

> > > Why not simply provide an hyperlink to Kicker's handbook? We can do
> > > cross-documentation links, AFAIK.
> >
> > We have no way to know at compile time if kicker is installed,

1) I hardly can imagine KDE without kicker

2) if kicker is really not installed, the instructions

	You can view the &kicker; handbook either via the &khelpcenter;
	or by using &konqueror;'s KIOslave by typing
	<userinput>help:/kicker</userinput> in the Location toolbar.

do not apply either ;-).

> Since we have docs.kde.org, we've considered modifying the help:/ ioslave
> to look online if the doc isn't found locally. We have a pretty good idea
> how to achieve this, but it needs a coder to do the help:/ part (there's
> also a change required on the website, IIRC). This idea has apparently been
> mentioned elsewhere recently, so perhaps its time has come. If 3.5 weren't
> feature frozen, I'd go looking for a coder to try to implement it...

Is that linked to the <olink> tag management?

--
George W. Bush mentions "liberty" in every speech he does. But today, the USA
exports war, torture, humiliation, secret prisons, arbitrary detention