[kde-doc-english] Just a suggestion

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat Jan 7 13:44:00 CET 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 12:51, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a recent addition to the userguide :
>
> 	Check the &kicker; handbook for more information on enabling or disabling
> the &kmenu;, adding applications to the quick launch, or on organizing the
> categorization of the applications in the &kmenu;. You can view the
> &kicker; handbook either via the &khelpcenter; or by using &konqueror;'s
> KIOslave by typing <userinput>help:/kicker</userinput> in the Location
> toolbar.
>
> Why not simply provide an hyperlink to Kicker's handbook? We can do
> cross-documentation links, AFAIK.

> My 2 eurocents...

We have no way to know at compile time if kicker is installed, and given some
distributions propensity to split things up into tiny little bits, it's not
just possible, but has happened, that kicker is in fact, not installed.

We could (and do) make links, and that paragraph should probably include a
clickable link, but only in addition.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org