[kde-doc-english] Supporting KDE Doc Efforts

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 25 22:44:29 CET 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 9:22 pm, John Durant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As an IT professional with 20+ years experience I am looking for
> opportunities to give back some of the skills I have been fortunate enough
> to learn.
>
> Please advise if you would have any doc projects where I could add value.

There are lots of places that need work, so if there's an app that you use a
lot, or are particularly familiar with, tell us, and we can put you in touch
with anyone who's already working on it, or find out what needs to be done.
It's more fun to work on an application you know, so if there's something
you'd like to work on, just tell us.

If that doesn't suggest anything to you, you can look at our todo items on the
bug tracker: search for items in the "docs" product, or use the pre-made
queries on
http://l10n.kde.org/docs//current.php

Another area that always needs help is the technical side of the tools we use
- if you're familiar with XML, XSLT, LaTeX, VNC, or PHP, you might like to
help with our efforts in one of those areas. I can give you more details if
you're interested in any one of those.

Some other resources:
http://l10n.kde.org/docs//doc-primer/getting-started.html has some more
background, and you can find us on IRC in #kde-docs on irc.freenode.net .

Regards,
Philip