[kde-doc-english] Doc unfreeze? PLEASE

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sun Feb 5 20:19:52 CET 2006

On Sunday 05 February 2006 11:37, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Saturday 04 February 2006 22:24, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > What about a docmessage unfreeze for 3.5.2 as we had before 3.5.1?
>
> Well, I think it depends more on what the documentation team can do and
> when.
>
> That was an error of the first phase, as we have not checked that before
> and it has ended that many documentation people had no or only little time
> during the time around Christmas and New Year.
>
> Also we must take care about KOffice's documentation. But as far as I have
> understood, that is less a problem now, as KOffice is entering
> documentation freeze.

The doc unfreeze before 3.5.1 was quite unfortunate, yes but please look at
the commits and you'll see the amount of doc fixes that was done during that
time. Anders Lund updated Kate and KWrite docs (HUGE work) and several people
closed many bug reports. All people who pressed to have that unfreeze worked
hard and it was really worth it.
If I ask now for an unfreeze along with some other people, it's because we
already have patches pending. And we'll commit them.

As for KOffice documentation, I really don't see why that should interfere.
Many translators started translating KOffice and they have still time. The
KOffice docs were also HUGELY improved and that was done quite smoothly since
a few months now. So no big amount of last-minute work for the translators
here except KPlato doc which we are waiting for.

I think you (as you seem the guy deciding that sort of stuff) should set a
date (in accord with coolo), not too close so people have time to prepare
patches and announce it widely and hop we go. Just give us the chance to
improve things the more we can.

Thanks

Anne-Marie