[kde-doc-english] Information request

Jeff Dooley jfd5xte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 00:20:42 CEST 2006

On 8/3/06, Javier Martín Diez <javier.martin.diez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have seen in http://www.kde.org/jobs/open.php that there
> is an open job for «Write/update KDE documentation». I have no earlier
> experience writing docbook but I hope I could get to help somehow.
>
> I would be very pleased if you could give me a piece of advice of how to
> start.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Javier Martín Diez
> Madrid (Spain)

Hi Javier,

Often, Phil fields questions like these, but I think he's been pretty
busy lately, so I'll try to not leave you hanging.

Normally, you can simply find an area of KDE or some KDE application
that you're interested in, and take a look at the documentation
supporting it. More than likely, there is at least some tidying up,
updating, or improving that can be done. If you really can't find
anything specific, somebody here can point you to something. It really
is your choice however.

As Phil often says: don't feel obligated to start off with perfect
docbook. People on this list will help you out there. Feel free to
submit plain text if you prefer, and somebody here can mark it up.

Thanks for offering to help out-- there is a lot that can be done.

-Jeff D