[kde-doc-english] Interested in helping out

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 17:27:16 CEST 2006

Hi Josh,

> I'm currently using 3.5.2 on Kubuntu and SUSE 10;  very much a fan of
> KDE, would like to help document anything that is needed as 4.0 is
> developed.  Please let me know how I can help.

KDE 4 documentation hasn't really started yet, but there's plenty to do for
the 3.5-series, if you'd like to help with that. A lot of the 3.5
documentation will remain relevant for KDE 4, so it's still worth working on.

The first thing to say is that, since we're all volunteers, no one is going to
tell you what to work on, although we'll offer some suggestions, and you can
pick what you like. If you don't see anything that piques your interest, get
back to me and we can look at other things.

There are links to open docs tasks at http://l10n.kde.org/docs/current.php ,
which has links to the bugs database, which we use as something of a todo
list. Bugs marked with "JJ" are "Junior Jobs", which means that they're
especially suitable for a new contributor like yourself. If you'd like to
work on any of the items (JJ or not) in the bugs database, tell me which one,
and we can help you to get started.

There are some other bits and pieces you'll need to know before starting, but
we can get onto those once you've decided what to work on. If you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Philip