[kde-doc-english] Patch for website menu

Martin Ellis m.a.ellis at ncl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 22:56:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've just been writing some instructions for the KOffice site
about how to test it without having to commit to svn, and noticed
that the menu doesn't seem to work properly.

Looking at the code, I can't see how it could work on the KDE site
(although evidently it does).  In order to get it working here, I've had to
use the attached patch.

The problem is that the menu.inc files look like this:
  $section =& $this->appendSection("Inform");
  $section->appendLink("Home","");
yet, appendSection doesn't seem to be returning a reference
on my machine, and the changes made by appendLink are then
performed on a copy.  End result: the menu sections are empty.

The patch is the minimum required to get it working here.

Here's the relevant section of the php manual.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.references.return.php

Is this just down to some php version incompatibility?  Would it be OK
to apply the patch?

Please CC.  I'm off-list.

Regards
Martin