[kde-doc-english] Guimenu, guisubmenu, guimenuitem Styles

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Sat Sep 10 12:47:43 CEST 2005

Philip Rodrigues wrote on 2005-09-09 11:01 +0100 regarding Re: [kde-doc-english] Guimenu, guisubmenu, guimenuitem Styles:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 00:21, Antonio Salazar wrote:
> > Hey all
> > I was just curious as to whether the guimenu, guisubmenu, and
> > guimenuitem elements have any particular style information associated
> > with them. I ask because I used these three and they appear no
> > different than the surrounding text.
> > Antonio
>
> IIRC, they have a light grey background. In fact, it's so light grey that I
> can never see it on one of my monitors. Lauri and I have discussed this
> before - I think we came to the conclusion that it's monitor misconfig that
> means I can't see it.
>
> Perhaps we should do a straw poll: how many people can see the grey background
> on the gui* elements? How many can't?

I can, as a matter of fact the difference is just large enough that it made me
wonder if there was something wrong with my display at first. As soon as I
realised that the background change was on purpose, I immediately forgot about
it.

I don't have a plain 3.4 version available, but in 3.3.2 it's the difference
between R/G/B = 255/255/255 (white) and 240/240/240 (gui* grey background), so
it's only a slightly grayish white, probably only really noticeable because my
contrast settings are fairly at their max.

We might want to make the difference a little bit less subtle (either choose a
somewhat more different background, or do some small tweaks with the character
appearance)... it will be hard to find a good style that's different enough from
the base text to be obvious, but not too distracting at the same time, though.

Cheers,

- askie
--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
Documentation coordinator, KDE-NL   |   Documentation maintainer, Krita