[kde-doc-english] commiting patches

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Nov 15 06:54:12 CET 2005

Am Montag 14 November 2005 23:12 schrieb Jes Hall:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 10:13, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> It would be much easier to pick up your patches if they weren't malformed.
> I applied three of them I think, but had to correct them first. I wonder if
> some character encoding between bugzilla and email has messed things up?

Jes, thanks for short-term comitting.

No things messed up with some character encoding between bugzilla and email.

The diffs say that my patches weren't that malformed, you changed:

- One word in kruler (change the cursor -> turn the cursor)
- Formatting/wordwrap in kruler (same way you changed it in kcoloredit)
- Added one comma
- Added one sentence in kruler (This will displays version and author
information.), but this is wrong, this sentence should be removed again,
because this is already included in the entity &help.menu.documentation;.
Shall I commit the change?

- Formatting/wordwrap in kcoloredit (from the style I found in "Example 8.1.
An example from a menu reference entry" in "The KDE DocBook Authors guide" on
i18n.kde.org/doc to a different style)

- Nothing in kmousetool

The documentation with my patches compile without problems.

So in general I can not see malformed patches.

I never promised to be an excelent writer of englisch documentations, usualy I
just grep for similar menuitems in all docbooks und adapt the appropriate
words/sentence(s).

The formatting of existing docbooks is very different (see my patch for kpdf
bug 116097), is there a recommended style for formatting/wordwrap?
Is the formatting style of the Examples in "The KDE DocBook Authors guide"
wrong?

Burkhard Lück