[kde-doc-english] commiting patches

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Nov 14 23:14:33 CET 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 16:13, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Montag 14 November 2005 16:23 schrieb Philip Rodrigues:
> > > My own opinion is: PLEASE do commit but always CCMAIL the commit log to
> > > the program maintainer!
>
> you mean the documentation maintainer/last author? or perhaps this list?
>
> I have never seen a CCMAIL:program maintainer in the commits for my
> documentation bugs.
well, I prefer you CC the program maintainer for a GUI string fix as we had
some errors committed in KDE-Edu for some words where the committer thought
there was a typo which was not one. So I think it's better to CCMAIL: the
program maintainer for GUI string changes and te doc maintainer for doc
fixes.
Personally I always try to CCMAIL people when I fix something in their code or
to ask about it on IRC. I find it a good practice for a good team work.
But this is personnal ;-)
You can go without that, especially for trivial fixes.

About where to commit: now is indeed freeze for 3.5.0 but in a few days, 3.5.1
will be opened for doc fixes (or at least UI string fixes) so I suggest you
work here. My question was to forward-port to kde4 those changes you/I/others
will make for 3.5.1.

Regards,

Anne-Marie