[kde-doc-english] Turning over my projects...

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon May 16 09:32:11 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 05.07, Jonathan Singer wrote:
> I sent this out last month with no response so I figured I'd try again --
> new people interested in contributing, here's your chance!

I meant to reply, I swear I did!  In fact, I thought I had, but if you didn't
get it and the mailing list archive doesn't have it, I suppose I lucid
dreamed that I wrote it at all.

> I'd like to officially turn the maintainership of my various projects over
> to new people. I've had good intentions for a while, but for various
> reasons simply don't have the time anymore to do a decent job.

I'd like to thank you for all the time you've spent on writing, and also
helping people out on user channels and mailing lists.  Not to mention your
fine company and humour over a midnight-before-tagging doc rush or two on
IRC,   I hope you won't be a stranger, and can at least pop in and say hi now
and then.

> The projects in my name are (I'm probably missing some):
> Konsole
> Kscd
> Kdf
> Kwuftpd
> Khexedit

I should note for everyone else, while these have become fairly stable now,
other than kscd, all the above were just about the nastiest and hardest docs
to do back when they had no documentation at all.  The fact they're not
anymore, is a testament to Jonathan's work over the years.

> Best,

And all the best to you and yours!

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org