[kde-doc-english] Turning over my projects...

Jonathan Singer jsinger at leeta.net
Wed May 11 05:07:22 CEST 2005

I sent this out last month with no response so I figured I'd try again --
new people interested in contributing, here's your chance!

I'd like to officially turn the maintainership of my various projects over
to new people. I've had good intentions for a while, but for various reasons
simply don't have the time anymore to do a decent job.

The projects in my name are (I'm probably missing some):
Konsole
Kscd
Kdf
Kwuftpd
Khexedit

in rough order of difficulty -- Kscd changes constantly and requires a
zillion new screenshots every time, Konsole is just pretty hard. I'll be
glad to answer questions during the transition, and if need be, I can handle
periodic fixes to one or two of the minor, stable apps if others will deal
with the big ones. I will also continue to answer the "I'm 74 years old and
I installed Lunix but it doesn't work! Please help me!" emails that people
mysteriously send me every month.

It's been a great pleasure to work with Mike, Lauri and everyone else, and I
continue to be amazed at how KDE grows and grows!

Best,
Jonathan Singer