[kde-doc-english] how could I help write docs for kde-pim

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:41:32 CEST 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:29:01 -0400, "uzoma nwosu"
<uzoma.nwosu at gmail.com> said:
> Hi,
>
> I've lurking on kdepim-users and kde-doc for a while.  I would love to
> help update the documentation for kontact.  Could I help improve 1.1.1
> or should I install kde subversion and help with that?  I've been
> using linux since 1998 but only as a newbie user.  I know that I have
> to learn how to use docbook and kate.  But if you or someone on the
> team could steer me in a direction, I'd love to help.

Hi uzoma,

First of all, welcome. The docs are a great way to help KDE.

I have been quite involved with kdepim docs, I wrote kpilot docs and I
am currently rewriting KOrganizer docs. Kontact docs are relatively well
maintained. They are mantained by Antonio Salazar. We are currently
targeting the next Kontact release (1.2) and / or the next kdepim
release (3.5) for the docs, so if you want to help with that, I can put
you in contact with him.

There are other applications which are part of Kontact which can use of
help. Some of them have a (more) stable interface and somewhat old docs
(KNode?), so you could probably help even without compiling KDE from
svn.

All you need to know about contributing to KDE docs is in the DOC
primer:

http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer/

If you wish to compile kdepim from sources, I strongly recommend
folowing the "single module strategy" from the guide I (partially)
wrote:

http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/buildstep.php

I am quite willing to guide you in the process if you want. I would be
happy to se more fellow documenters helping out with kdepim. Don't
hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz