[kde-doc-english] docbook template for kate

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Jan 11 13:05:32 CET 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 10:23, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2005 19:26, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have produced a template for Kate's template plugin, which allows for
> > fast creation of a new manual. It's based on the file
> > kdelibs/kdoctools/template.docbook, and used with the kate file template
> > plugin you get to type some commonly used values only once, and your
> > name/email entities and the year and date is inserted automatically.
> >
> > I can't support makeing 'kde-module' or '1.00.10' a macro yet, but i'll
> > modify the template support in kate to make it possible.

This is now done, so if you update kdelibs (at least
kdelibs/interfaces/ktexteditor and kdelibs/kate) from CVS, the attached
template file is a wee bit better.

[...]

> > I hope you find this helpful. Plese let me know if you have comments or
> > suggestions to improve this file.
>
> Very nice.  I shall use your very nice explanation on the i18n pages.
>
> Very very nice, thanks a lot for this Anders.

Cool. I'm going to utilize knewstuff to provide a way to share file templates,
but you could put the template on the docs webpage as well if you want to.
It's probably to special to distribute in the main distribution.

I also have a template for a single chapter, if anyone is interrested.

-anders

--
www: http://alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk