[kde-doc-english] docbook template for kate

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Jan 10 19:26:38 CET 2005

Hi,

I have produced a template for Kate's template plugin, which allows for fast
creation of a new manual. It's based on the file
kdelibs/kdoctools/template.docbook, and used with the kate file template
plugin you get to type some commonly used values only once, and your
name/email entities and the year and date is inserted automatically.

I can't support makeing 'kde-module' or '1.00.10' a macro yet, but i'll modify
the template support in kate to make it possible.

To use it:
* Install the kate file template plugin from kdeaddons, and enable it.
* Unpack the attached file in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kate/plugins/katefiletemplates/templates
($KDEDIR may may be replaced with $KDEHOME)

You then get a file->new from template menu, where you can pick
Documentation->KDE DocBook Manual. After invoking the menu item, you get a
file with a number of underlined macros, of which the first is selected. Type
the text you want for a macro ahn hit TAB to navigate to the next macro. When
you get to the macro '|', you can start type the manual text at the logical
start point (the first paragraph of the ABSTRACT. Note that macros that occur
multiple times are all filled in while typing in the first instance (for
example the macro word 'kmyapplication' occurs 22 times in the file.

I hope you find this helpful. Plese let me know if you have comments or
suggestions to improve this file.

-anders
--
Glem ikke Afrika