[kde-doc-english] [Kde-cvs-announce] Message freeze for KDE 3.5

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 13:34:18 CET 2005

Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2005 20:31 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Am Montag 19 Dezember 2005 13:30 schrieben Sie:
> > We will also remove the docu freeze for KDE 3.5 for this time frame with
> > the intention to give unfrozen documentation for stable releases a try.
> > Depending on the outcome of this little experiment, we might have more
> > defined message freeze outages in the future.
>
> Please tell anybody via Kde-cvs-announce, that it is useless and stupid to
> commit documentations to stable, wich are only changed according to the
> docbook sanitizer http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/sanitizer/.
>
> This means a lot of work for translators, but nearly no or very small user
> visible changes in the documentation.
>
> Test 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 from the sanitizer are almost totally NOT user
> visible, only Test No 5 for preferred words is slightly user visible
> (changes from "can't" to "can not" etc), but mostly 'only' stylistic
> changes.

Actually I would expect the documentation team to be aware that just causing
work to the translators for no good is not what will give them a good name.
Then again most changes done for the santizer can be fixed for the
translations using scripts. So if the documentation team decides that they
should be in stable, they (i.e. Frerich) should provide the scripts to fix
the translations after the commit.

Greetings, Stephan