[kde-doc-english] docs

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Fri Aug 26 00:17:45 CEST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 21:46, Chris Statzer wrote:
> I would be more than happy to work on some documentation for the kde
> project. Please let me know the areas that require the most attention. I
> have noticed the LACK of docs with K3b but that’s an independent app?
> Please get in touch with me.

Hi Chris

We had a small miscommunication (I thought someone else was replying to you,
and I guess they thought I was.)

K3b is developed independently from the rest of KDE, but it is maintained in
KDE SVN, and we certainly try to take care of it.  There is currently nobody
working on the docs, and we (the docs team) would be happy if you want to
take it on.  If you need help getting started, please don't hesitate to ask.
In particular, you don't need to know any DocBook (the XML markup language
our documentation is formatted with), we will happily accept your
contributions as plain text and mark them up for you.

We have also quite a lot of information available at our team page:
http://docs.kde.org/team/ (including some pre-made queries to see the bugs
list, in case you decide you'd prefer to work on something else.)

I have CC'ed Sebastian Trueg, the K3b maintainer, just so he knows you're
about, and I expect he'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about
the application itself, the development schedule, and which versions you
would be best to work on.  You can send any patches to the doc either to
Sebastian or here to the list.

Again, the list is at your disposal (I promise to reply quicker next time!)
and you can find some of us on IRC at irc.kde.org in the channel #kde-docs -
feel free to drop by if you'd like some hands on guidance, or just to visit.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org