[kde-doc-english] KSmileTris Handbook

Frerich Raabe frerich at hex.athame.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 14:51:52 CEST 2005

Moin,

Philip Rodrigues made me aware of the new KSmiletris manual available at
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/stuff/ksmiletris-index.docbook and I agreed
to see whether I could improve anything about it. Indeed, I could find
a few things:

- a bunch of typos and grammar problems were solved
- entities have been used for 'Ctrl' and 'Tetris'. The latter is marked as
  a <trademark> for now, I don't know what the exact status is on that. Does
  anybody know?
- a few words were added which mention that as the leve increases, more
  tiles are added which makes it more challenging to find fits.
- key combos are now marked up correctly.
- I added myself as a reviewer. :-)

Yet, a few things are left:

- I think an <informaltable> is a poor choice for listing the default key
  bindings. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about how to mark that
  up in the KDE DocBook guide, so before I make things even worse I decided
  to leave things as they are and ask here (a <variablelist> maybe?).
- The descriptions of the menu entries of the Settings->Pieces menu are
  quite useless IMHO. I think a screenshot for each menu item would be a lot,
  so that one immediately sees what effect any of those options has.
- ...there was something else, but I forgot it now and unfortunately I spilled
  coffee over my note. :-(

In any case, you can find the updated manual at
http://ktown.kde.org/~frerich/ksmiletris-index.docbook

- Frerich