[kde-doc-english] Re: Accesskeys in documentation

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Sep 28 09:54:02 CEST 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 18.19, Frans Englich wrote:

> > I would look into the KDE customizations more fully, but I don't have the
> > XSL knowledge to see what's going on, or why certain things have been
> > overridden. If anyone else would like to step up and take this on, I'd be
> > most grateful.
>
> Yes, that's what it requires -- a deep look. Such a fix could perhaps be
> done when the Docbook stylesheets are upgraded. I think Lauri has in plans
> to do the latter. I would look at it, but I got other projects currently :|

The Stylesheets were upgraded some weeks ago.  The one thing KDE really
overrides drastically with the driver was the navigation, but Accesskeys only
recently started to actually work in khtml, so it has never been much of a
priority to be generating them correctly for KHelpCenter. Now Phil has fixed
that (and the patch looks just fine to me).

The other stylesheets just set a few parameters, (I can list them and what
they do, if anyone wants to know) and add some CSS classes to a few elements
to enable styling them in HTML.  Those styles could do with being moved out
into the external CSS stylesheet at some point.  If anyone wants to take that
on, that one is kde-style.xsl (patches for review here please first.)

The navigation does also require at some point a rewrite, but I think there's
no reason to do that until we get the new graphics from the artists team, or
we'll just end up doing it twice within the same release cycle.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org