[kde-doc-english] FAQ addition: How can I get my panel back?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Sep 12 10:20:57 CEST 2004

Hi all...

could we add an FAQ entry for kicker so pepole know how to get it back should
it "dissapear" (aka crash ;)? something like:

Q: My desktop panel has dissapeared. How can I get it back?
A: The panel dissapearing is usually due to it crashing. This is most often
caused by loading an applet that has a fatal bug or due to a bad installation
of KDE and/or the panel.

The easiest way to get the panel back is to launch the Run Command window by
pressing Control+F2 and entering "kicker" and then pressing the Ok button.

If the panel continues to dissapear, you may wish to either remove or edit by
hand your $KDEHOME/share/config/kickerrc file, where $KDEHOME is usually
`~/.kde`. If you choose to edit it by hand, start by removing the applet
entry groups.

--
Aaron J. Seigo