[kde-doc-english] lots of questions

Alyssa A. Lappen alyssa2004 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 01:21:32 CEST 2004

Dear Rinse--

Thank you for your kind assistance. I'll try to straight things out. The
biggest problem, I think, will be to determine what I did wrong with the
kernel installations and to fix them.

I'm using Mandrake. I'm not sure what you mean by distribution; the computer
itself is a Dell machine, but they have nothing to do with the software,
which I bought separately.

There aren't any KDE viruses that I am aware; that was the point of buying
into this, despite my novice status. But in any case, I do want to thank you
with very much for the help you have given me. And I will certainly write to
KDE about the Find mechanism; it's one of the things I used most heavily on
Windows, and when my indexing system was hijacked I was screwed. Lost 2.5
months of work, and God knows how much on computer "experts" whose only
expertise was to run standard screens I could have done myself, which all
came up with zip.

Except that I had extended hard drives that overshot every single boot
mechanism, corrupted the system Bios and kept reinfecting the machine every
time I reinstalled the Windows XP system. My biggest problem is that I
learned too  much about a system I was forced to dump, and now have to start
all over again.

Many gracious thanks for your kind help.

Best always--
Alyssa