[kde-doc-english] GDB...

chang-gin_dee at agilent.com chang-gin_dee at agilent.com
Mon Oct 25 08:36:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am quite new in Unix and brand new in GDB. Currently I have a HP Unix with runs Unix 7 and GDB version 2 June 1991.

Now I have been assigned to work on firmware which used Unix with a GDB in it. As a result I run into multiple big problems.

1.  The IT guys help me to copy the GDB into a newer machine which runs Unix version 10.20. But when I tried to run the GDB, it gave me "permission denied". IT guys told me that when he port it to old machine with Unix 7.0 it can work. What I am trying to do here is to have a newer machine to be able to run GDB, I am worry that the old machine might fail anytime.
2.  Where can I find GDB version 2 which I can use to do the "installation" into my newer machine with Unix version 10.20 ?
3.  Anybody provide support for people like me who wants to upgrade their Unix 7 to higher version of Unix with all the necessary debugging tools like GDB?
4.  Anybody has a list of which version of GDB can work with which version of Unix?
5.  If the version of GDB that I have cannot work with my Unix, what can I do to make them compatible? If not, where can I purchase one that is compatible?
6.  Is there anybody out there who provide support to convert the firware from the Unix platform to Windows platform. Nothing against Unix users, but due to my ignorance to Unix.

Please help. I need it urgently.

Yeah. Just for your information. I am from Penang, Malaysia.

Thanks
Regards