[kde-doc-english] KDE FAQ 4.11 KDE on AIX

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat May 29 23:45:01 CEST 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 03.40, Michael Bradshaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IBM has been including KDE on all install CD's for quite a while now -
> so your item 4.11 in the FAQ is a bit outdated. You can get going with
> KDE by simply installing one lpp package on AIX these days. :-)

Could you please supply us with correct instructions?  (Which lpp package?
where does it install to, if relevant, does it require root, what commands to
run, where do you find the package if you don't have the CD's available,
would all be useful things to know.)

It's pretty easy to update the FAQ, although I admit this one is hardly very
frequently asked - but we need some info to do it with.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/