[kde-doc-english] Re: File Manager

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Tue May 25 14:44:30 CEST 2004

Hi Christian,

> I'd like to write the chapter about Konqueror.
> Do I just download the HTML-File from
> http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/kde/userguide-tng/file-manager.html? And
> edit it, or will I need to log into some CVS-Dirs?

You have two options:

1. If you know DocBook XML (or would like to learn!), you can check out the
kdenonbeta module from KDE CVS, and edit the DocBook source files there. The
new user guide lives in the directory doc/userguide-tng in that module. You
can find a guide to using KDE CVS at
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+CVS+Management

2. If you're not familiar with DocBook, you can write in plain text and send
it to this list. This way is very convenient, as it means you don't have to
learn a lot of new things immediately, and the DocBook markup can be added
later very easily.

HTH, and thanks again,

Phil