[kde-doc-english] Re: why is kmplot_menus.pot in both HEAD and BRANCH older then the actual documentation in kde 3.2.1?

Rinse de Vries rinse at kde.nl
Wed Mar 17 23:28:37 CET 2004

Op Wednesday 17 March 2004 14:18, schreef Lauri Watts:
> The kmplot manual in HEAD and in BRANCH is the same revision,
That is correct

> I wonder if
> Rinse doesn't have a sticky tag set or something.

Well, one of the differences between the actual document in kde 3.2.1 and the
po-file (which i grabbed from webcvs, to be sure that nothing on my lokal
machine is interfering) is the following set of strings:

#. Tag: para
#: menu.docbook:123
#, no-c-format
msgid	"It contains the standard entries for enabling/disabling the toolbar "
	"and the statusbar. In addition there are the following options:"
msgstr	""

#. Tag: menuchoice
#: menu.docbook:132
#, no-c-format
msgid	"<guimenu>Settings</guimenu> <guimenuitem>Axes...</guimenuitem>"
msgstr	""

#. Tag: action
#: menu.docbook:138 menu.docbook:150 menu.docbook:162 menu.docbook:174
#, no-c-format
msgid	"<action>...</action>"
msgstr	""

#. Tag: menuchoice
#: menu.docbook:144
#, no-c-format
msgid	"<guimenu>Settings</guimenu> <guimenuitem>Scale...</guimenuitem>"
msgstr	""

#. Tag: menuchoice
#: menu.docbook:156
#, no-c-format
msgid	"<guimenu>Settings</guimenu> <guimenuitem>Grid...</guimenuitem>"
msgstr	""

#. Tag: menuchoice
#: menu.docbook:168
#, no-c-format
msgid	"<guimenu>Settings</guimenu> <guimenuitem>Step...</guimenuitem>"
msgstr	""

Those messages talk about "settings-> grid...",  etc, whil in kmplot it is
'view -> grid...", etc.

So those strings in kmplot_menus.pot is incorrect.
However, the menu part the kmplot documentation in kde 3.2.1 (suse 9.0 build)
is correct.

So if the po-files are indeed up to date, then this error must have been
entered after the release.
But that is odd considering that the pot-file in webcvs (and in my sandbox as
well) is dated  Wed Apr 9 07:16:22 2003 UTC (11 months, 1 week ago)

Kind regards, Rinse