[kde-doc-english] Re: KSpread command reference documentation, patch 2

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Mar 11 11:14:36 CET 2004

Hi Raphael,

> > This one's easy - &Help.Menu.Documentation; [...]
>
> ok, please explain more. Sorry if my knowledge about documenting is still
> (very) limited...

For KDE documentation, we use a custom set of Docbook stuff, and we define a
lot of entities to make things consistent and save effort. The entity Lauri
referred to will produce a description of the standard items in the Help menu
(Application Handbook, About Application, About KDE, etc). This means you can
just enter this entity instead of the full documentation for the menu.

Some other things we define entities for are:

o Almost all KDE application names (all in lowercase, eg, &konqueror; &kmail;)

o Some abbreviations, where the appropriate markup is not obvious (⪚ &ie;
&FTP; &HTML;)

o Many other application/company names, so that they get the correct trademark
identification (&XWindows; &Java;).

o Names and email addresses of contributors. For example, &Philip.Rodrigues;
and &Philip.Rodrigues.mail;

You can find these in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/entities/general.entities
and
$KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/en/*.entities

HTH,
Phil