[kde-doc-english] Re: [Kde-pim] Re: KDE PIM docs

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:33:15 CET 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 13:54, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Thursday 26 February 2004 20.09, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 February 2004 00:25, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > > It unfortunately requires an unstable KDE build, but otherwise is
> > > indeed a great introductory task.
> >
> > I just want to point out that this isn't entirely true. At least not for
> > working on KDE PIM because the development versions of KDE PIM
> > application depend on the stable KDE 3.2 libraries. You still need the
> > latest development version of KDE PIM of course, but that's pretty
> > stable since we use it all the time.
>
> This is probably true for many other apps - many people can get away with
> an unstable version of only one cvs module, or even one single application.
>
> Alternately, there is KOffice, where the docs in HEAD are being updated for
> the stable 1.3 release of KOffice (because they're in *such* poor shape,
> KOffice has a much longer space between releases, and doing it this way
> specifically avoids the need to compile anything, distribution packages of
> koffice are fine.)

I know :)

That's why I wrote the only KDE building guide that indeed helps you choose
what to build, and gives information on the different branches:

http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/index.hml

When I mention KDE unstable, I meant the unstable module, sorry for the
incomplete info. This module may or may not require a complete KDE unstable
build.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz