[kde-doc-english] Re: obsolete docs

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 00:44:22 CET 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 00.04, Gérard Delafond wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on the translation of some documentation.
>
> It appears that many of them are out of date.
>
> The described functions or the screenshots do not match to the GUIs in many
> cases.
>
> The question is What is the best way to get some "clean" documentations ?

Recruit more people.  There's only so much documentation Phil and I can manage
on our own, and you're seeing the result.

Report them as bugs, we *are* going through the bugs and fixing things, and
yes, translators make great bug reporters.  An actual list of 'things that
need fixing' saves a lot of time.

There's a pre KDE 3.2 list at http://people.fruitsalad.org/lauri/docs/ - much
of what's on there, Phil has now filed as bugs, and we intend to use Bugzilla
in future to help with tracking what needs doing.

> I think the best should be developers send an information to the docs
> writers when new functions appear.

Best of luck making that happen.  All they have to do is put a GUI: in their
cvs commit logs, and I will get a separate copy of the mail to forward to the
(largely nonexistent) document maintainers.