[kde-doc-english] Using bugs.kde.org for doc TODO items

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jan 17 21:42:49 CET 2004

Hi all,
As you've probably noticed, I've just submitted a few wishlist bugs in the
docs package on bugs.kde.org containing todo items in KDE documentation (only
KWord so far). This is after discussion with Lauri and Coolo about using
b.k.o for tracking todo items. These are generally intended to be small(ish)
tasks that people not closely involved in documentation can pick up.

Just to record what I've done:

'Product' is 'docs' - this may change in the future if we have a lot of todo
tasks in bugzilla, but for now we don't really need to categorize them any
more than this.

'Summary' is 'TODO: <Appname>: <Short description>'. This should make it easy
to find todo's for a particular app, but if you can see any major problems
with this scheme, it's open for discussion.

The 'Version' is the required version of KDE for anyone wanting to take up
this item. For most things, this will be a CVS version, but sometimes just
the latest stable version (as, for example, the KOffice todo's)

Listing the actual file to edit is useful, since these are aimed (at least in
part) at people who aren't currently writing documentation. I've done it by
putting 'File: <filename>' in the long description, which seems as good a way
as any.

The long description needs a slightly more detailed description of what needs
to be done, plus an email address of someone to contact if anyone wants to
take up that task (usually this list).

Hope that's useful,
Regards,
Phil