[kde-doc-english] userguide dcop - ulink

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 31 10:33:54 CET 2004

Hi Kurt,

>   I thought about linking to the UserGuide DCOP section instead of writing
> one for Konsole handbook.

Good thinking - that's what the User Guide's for :-).

> 1. The 'markup/links.html' says not to use ulink for internal files.
> However, I couldn't get it to work without using ulink.

The rationale behind this is basically that we can't guarantee that the doc
linked to is actually installed on the  user's system. Also, the docs are
generated in an online version for docs.kde.org, where users may be viewing
them with browsers that aren't Konqueror - in these browsers, help:/ links
won't work. There may also be other reasons that I'm not aware of.

Lauri and I have done some work on making 'external' ulinks that will solve
these two problems. If you'd like more information, just ask, and I'll write
it up for the list (in fact, I should probably do this anyway).

> 2. The UserGuide page for DCOP does not display correctly; it is just a
> bunch of text altogether.

This is a known issue - that section is waiting to be marked up properly (the
whole "KDE for administrators" section was taken from some KPresenter slides,
with the markup being added later). If anyone would like to add the markup to
that section, or even bulk up the text in that section to make it into full
sentences, etc, please go ahead.

> The <quote> are now quotes in Konq.  I'm not sure what fixed it.  I rebuilt
> qt/kdelibs/kdebase.

Cool :-)

Regards,
Philip