[kde-doc-english] how to

Rinse de Vries rinsedevries at kde.nl
Sat Dec 18 14:54:29 CET 2004

Dear mustafa,

You asked your question in a translator only list, not in a user list.
For user-related questions, please subscribe to kde-user at kde.org.
See www.kde.org for more details.

For mandrake related questions you can also subscribe to a mandrake list.
Look for more information on www.mandrake.com

> i have anuther question why your company do not came for iraq like
> microsoft do ?

KDE is not a company :)
We only spread source code via Internet, companies like Mandrake pick them up
and build them for their products, or individual users download our source
code and compile it on their system.
For spreading the word about KDE in Iraq, someone or group in Iraq should pay
interest in our project and do so (like my team does in The Netherlands)

> an why all microsoft sell all windows system and programe
> but linux not do that? thank you
Probably Microsoft is a very large company that can be found in (allmost?)
every country in the World.
Microsoft dominates about 90% of the operatins system market for
intel-compatible desktop computers.

Linux itself is not a company, it is only the kernel of an operating system.
(but most people use that name also for the operating system that is build
around the linux-kernel, like Mandrake Linux does.)
Linux is spread around the world via Internet, or sold/distributed by
companies like mandrake, novell, redhat, turbolinux, ibm, conectiva, etc.

Most of those companies only distribute their software in their region, and
not globaly.

I'm  not aware of any company that is active in Iraq or in the Middle East.
You could contact one of the KDE-teams in your region about this (see
http://i18n.kde.org , section 'teams' for translation teams).

Kind regards, Rinse