[kde-doc-english] Re: Helping with documentation

obennett obennett at hartford.edu
Sat Aug 28 20:36:40 CEST 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:31:06 +0100, Philip Rodrigues
<philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi John,
> The documentation team have been at aKademy, discussing ways to make
> things
> easier for new contributors, like yourself, so I thought I'd get back to
> you
> with that in mind.
>
> On Sunday 08 August 2004 6:30 pm, John Hayes wrote:
>> I have recently been considering trying to help Linux/KDE in some way.
>> Starting with documentation would be a way to get started. I know in a
>> broad and general way, Linux has some documentation shortcomings.
>
> In order to help you find something which you'll enjoy working on, I'll
> suggest four broad topics that documentation writing falls into:
>
> 1. Writing new content for application manuals
> 2. Updating content for user manuals
I'm interested in this. I've attempted updating quanta's manual and found
that some of the menu entries are a) shared w/ kate and b) out of date :-)
I've updated quanta's as best I could and have no problem handing over the
patches or complete docbook files so that kate's menu documentation can be
updated too.
--snippity--