[kde-doc-english] Appropriate markup?

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Wed Oct 22 01:03:43 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 09.43, Will Stephenson wrote:
> I'm working on the Kopete manual, and could do with a tip on the right
> markup
 to use for some application states that users should be aware of,
> but that don't map exactly to a particular GUI item.  In chat systems you
> can have a presence, eg. 'Away' or 'Available', that affects your
> interaction with the system - how would you recommend I mark these up in
> the manual?  I don't really want to use quotes throughout the text.

Uhm... property perhaps?

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/property.html

It's previously unused in KDE docs, but It's inline, and non-specific in
nature, so I think this is a suitable application of it, unless anyone can
come up with something better.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/