[kde-doc-english] Handbook in khelpcenter

Will Stephenson lists at stevello.free-online.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 10:42:13 CET 2003

On Friday 28 November 2003 21:09, Allen Winter wrote:
> This just isn't gonna work for konsolekalendar which has no user interface
> at all (be it graphical or curses based).    It would not be good to have
> konsolekalendar available in the start menu.   It may be that
> the best we can do is put the handbook on the konsolekalendar component
> page at pim.kde.org (http://pim.kde.org/components/konsolekalendar.php)
>
> Else, have the konsolekalendar desktop entry run (Ick, Feh):
>   kdialog --sorry "konsolekalendar is a command-line only program.  \
>      Please read the handbook at help:/konsolekalendar/index.html for more
> info"

Kappfinder installs a load of .desktops, some of which, like
xmms-enqueue.desktop, don't appear in the K menu.  I haven't read the spec,
but I'm guessing the NoDisplay=true line in the desktop file causes this.
Maybe if you combined that with a kdialog warning if it is run, so that
people who make it visible in the menu editor find out what's going on.

I just tested this with Kopete, the K Menu entry is hidden but it's still
visible in the khelpcenter list.

HTH

Will

--