[kde-doc-english] Re: KBabel Spelling

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 14:03:08 CET 2003

On Monday 24 Nov 2003 12:53, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> Dňa Pondelok 24 November 2003 13:09 Malcolm Hunter napísal:
> > On Monday 24 Nov 2003 12:22, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> > > It's in your home, .ispell_ ...
> > >
> > > Stanislav
> > >
> > > Dňa Pondelok 24 November 2003 02:57 Malcolm Hunter napísal:

> > Thanks. Is that documented somewhere? Sorry, I couldn't find it in the
> > KBabel documentation. I could add a note in the documentation, if you
> > like - I can't believe I'm the only person that's done this - admittedly,
> > the default button has been changed in the latest version of KBabel, so
> > it's less likely to happen now.
>
> No, it is an ispell feature handled via KSpell library - all KDE apps will
> share the info.
>
> If you'd like to add the note, feel free to do so (for example into FAQ).
> KBabel docs are out of date unfortunatelly :-(

Ok. Wouldn't it make more sense to update the KSpell document, as this is the
help page that appears when you click on Help in the dialog? Something like:

Clicking on Add will add the misspelled word to your personal dictionary (this
is distinct from the original system dictionary, so the additions you make
will not be seen by other users).

Note: To remove a word from your personal dictionary, edit the file
.ispell_default in your home folder.

This is the file that appears when I "Add" a word from the dialog.

Regards,
Malcolm
--
KDE Proof Reading Team