[kde-doc-english]kde guide for Windows users

Fabrice Mous fabricemous at xs4all.nl
Wed May 21 23:59:44 CEST 2003

On Sunday 18 May 2003 00:52, Lauri Watts wrote:
| On Saturday 17 May 2003 20.13, Fabrice Mous wrote:
| > These kde-howtos tend to discuss the usage of KMail with Hotmail/Gotmail
| > and Spamassasin. But also "howto rip an audiocd". Also I wrote a tutorial
| > about the usage of kgpg and also some other small stuff.
| >
| > This can be found on our humble little dutch website:
| > http://www.vosberg.be/doc/kde/config.shtml
| > http://www.vosberg.be/doc/kde/software.shtml
| >
| > Is there a way to get this sort of stuff in a central place ... say ...
| > KDE CVS. When you have all of these howtos combined my guess is that you
| > have a pretty complete user manual.
| >
| > Anyway ... talking is easy, but if there are any plans of doing this then
| > I will help to write and collect some howtos.
|
| Definitely.  It's absolutely in the plans for KHelpcenter to collect up a
| lot of this kind of very task oriented HOWTO information. If you have CVS
| checked out, you might like to have a look at kdebase/khelpcenter/DESIGN
| for the 'big picture' plan.    You'll see that the howto's on your site (I
| assume, my dutch is nonexistent!) are precisely the thing we had in mind to
| add.

I read kdebase/khelpcenter/DESIGN ... For me it is a more like a "technical
paper" which discusses a new structure for khelpcenter. I read in this that
you want to limit the length of tutorials and that you cleary don't agree on
that. Well I think so too that tutorials should have the length which is
needed for clear understanding of the subject ....

| So, if you write them in English, or translate them for me, I'll help you
| take care of proofreading, mark them up for you if you like, and find them
| a home in CVS.  The plan for now is to take the current 'Tutorials' folder
| and make it a 'How To...' folder instead, but there are other GUI ideas
| under discussion for how to deal with them too.

Okay ... so you do accept tutorials and are there any tutorials already
avaible within CVS? Anyway ... as soon as we have laid out our multilingual
approach for our own website/CVS I will submit some translations. I know
where to look and find you  :o)

Fab

--
Fabrice Mous