[kde-doc-english]kppp or KPPP or kPPP

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 23:05:36 CEST 2003

On Saturday 14 June 2003 21.39, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I rereading the kppp french translation (application). The application name
> is not uniform since kppp is the most used but KPPP and same kPPP is used.
> I think there are the same error in the doc. and for some other
> applications.
>
> The files where I saw this error are kdenetwork/kppp.po and
> kdenetwork/kppplogview.

Hi Robert,

The documentation uses the &kppp; entity to make sure it's consistent in all
instances.  &kppp; expands to "KPPP", so I suggest you use this in the GUI
also.

We probably should standardise the GUI text as well, perhaps you could file a
bug report so it isn't missed.

If the proofreading team decides something other than KPPP is the preferred
capitalisation, it's very simple to change the documents.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/