[kde-doc-english]New templates

Erik K. Pedersen erik at binghamton.edu
Thu Jan 30 19:46:25 CET 2003

Torsdag den 30. januar 2003 16:14 skrev Marco Wegner:
> Hi all,
>
> what's the official policy concerning the committing of new doc templates.
> Right now there are at least 3 docus in HEAD which were updated recently
> but the templates do not yet reflect this (kword, artsbuilder, kdf).
>
> My question now is. Can I create and commit the templates myself or should
> this better be left to someone who understands this business :-)
>
> And do you use any special options for creating the templates other than
>
>    xml2pot foobar.docbook > foobar.pot
>
> TIA,
> Marco

I don't know what the official policy is, but I do it all the time, because it
is impossible to maiontain the docbooks without doing that for the reasons
you mention. You just have to be very careful to put the pot-file the right
place, otherwise you can create havoc.

My script to do it is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
xml2pot $1 >xml.pot
msgmerge -i xml.pot xml.pot >yml.pot
rm xml.pot
echo 'Move yml.pot to appropriate place'

Best regards Erik