[kde-doc-english]kioslave

Erik K. Pedersen erik at binghamton.edu
Mon Jan 13 19:46:12 CET 2003

Mandag den 13. januar 2003 16:38 skrev Lauri Watts:

> On Sunday 12 January 2003 01:05, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> > I knew from my translations that I could write audicd:/ in konqueror to
> > see my audiocd and make mp3 and ogg-files. As a matter of fact I could
> > not quite remember and my method was
> >
> > cd kde-i18n/da/messages/docs/kdebase
> > grep audio *
> >
> > which showed me what to do. I also found out that help:/kioslave worked,
> > and it did, but I have been totally unable to find out how the
> > uninitiated is supposed to learn these things. It seems to me that kde
> > has a lot of things that are extremely well hidden. Maybe somebody can
> > explain to me how one is supposed to learn about these things
> >
> > Specifically: What path takes you to the kioslave handbook. I can't find
> > it, so I think it is too well hidden.
>
> Run kinfocenter -> Protocols -> choose a protocol in there.
>
> Maybe we can do something in KHelpCenter so that the protocols get a top
> level entry like the KControl and KInfoCenter modules do now? CC'ing the
> KHelpCenter developers, let's see what they think.
>
> Regards,
> - --
> Lauri Watts

My last compile was right before christmas, so it may have changed since then.
When I go to the helpcenter, there is a choice kinfocenter modules which
leads to protocols where there is a short description that does not at all
fit the things I am looking at.

If I open the kinfocenter things work nicely, but I don't know how I would
find the kinfocenter, it is not in my panel by default, but maybe it would
have been if I had a new home directory

Erik