[kde-doc-english]docbook.template from CVS

Bob Lockie bjlockie at lockie.ca
Fri Jan 10 20:25:59 CET 2003

Lauri Watts wrote:

>On Friday 10 January 2003 19:09, Bob Lockie wrote:
>
><please do snip text that you're not replying directly to, it makes the
>archives and mailing list traffic very much smaller and easier to follow>
>

>> >  <!ENTITY kappname "&kapp;"><!-- replace kapp here -->
>>
>>Why is this not kapp instead of kappname in the template since everywere
>>else references &kapp?
>>

>&kappname; is used in the boiler plate texts that are in *every* document.
>When writing your own text, you should use the entity for the actual name of
>the application.  Maybe it's confusing, and instead of &kapp; we should put
>something along the lines of &k-replace-this-with-the-real-name-of-your-app;
>:)
>

>>How does the language thing work since &language is referenced later yet
>>"% English" is supposed to be changed?
>>

>Only if you happen to be writing in, say, German.  Then you'd change it, there
>only and in absolutely no other place, to German.
>

>>I am trying to run "checkXML on the original template.docbook" when I
>>got that error.
>>Should the original template.docbook should work as-is when I have
>>everything set up right?
>>

>No, it shouldn't, because &kapp; isn't defined yet.  If you change make a
>definition for &kapp; then yes, it should validate.

&kapp; is used all over in the template but it's not defined?

I tried a different version of template.docbook and I get this error.
Is there anything to check that all the versions that need to match do?

# checkXML index.docbook
index.docbook:48: error: xmlParseStartTag: invalid element name
<!ENTITY Tony.Sideris
 ^