[kde-doc-english]hitting the limits of kioslave documentation

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Wed Feb 12 23:38:54 CET 2003

Hello,

I'm documenting the data kioslave. As the document is intended as a reference
manual for data url usage with detailed syntax explanation and examples, I
need to structure it.

I wanted to use man page-like sections by using a <refentry>, but this element
and all its children are not displayed (in the KDE Info Center).

Then I tried <section>, but only the first section is ever rendered, using
<sect1> instead exhibits the same symptoms. Lauri Watts told me in kde-devel
that this was a kioslave documentation restriction.

After that I resorted to using <simplesect> instead of <section>. It works --
its only disadvantage is that is must not be nested this forcing me to
flatten the hierarchy (the original nesting was only two levels deep, so the
<simplesect> workaround is acceptable for me).

There's still one issue left. I'd like to insert a bibliography entry for the
associated rfc, but that doesn't work either. Is there anything like a
"lightweight" bibliography entry that will also display under kioslave docs?

mfg
	Leo

PS: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed