[kde-doc-english]releaseinfo

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Feb 3 18:09:59 CET 2003

On Monday 03 February 2003 17:25, Bob Lockie wrote:
> On 02/03/03 05:44 Lauri Watts spoke thusly
>
> > On Sunday 02 February 2003 22:53, Bob Lockie wrote:
> >>I had:
> >><date>2003-01-01</date>
> >><releaseinfo>0.90.80</releaseinfo>
> >>
> >>I changed it to the following because there is a difference between the
> >>&kapp release and the version of the documentation.
> >
> > Please tell me you're not still putting &kapp; into your document :)
>
> Ok, I won't tell you. :-)
> I defined an Entity called kapp. :-)

Please rethink this decision.  *Please*

I highly doubt you're writing about an application that is actually called
KApp.  If this document is ever intended to be part of KDE CVS, or translated
by KDE's translators, we're just going to change it anyway.

There's no guarantee that the translators for example, will see the entire
document in one piece, and will have no idea what application they are
translating about.  It's difficult already to read for those of us who have
to look at lots of documents, the instructions specifically say that the
entity used should be the name of the application, and nothing else, and we
had an entire thread already trying to explain this.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/