[kde-doc-english]diff between ulink and link

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Mon Feb 3 12:20:21 CET 2003

,-- On Mon, 3 Feb, Lauri Watts wrote:

| On Monday 03 February 2003 05:30, Bob Lockie wrote:
| > What's the difference between 'ulink' and 'link'?
| > I just want to link to another part of the document and they both seem
| > to do that.
|
| http://i18n.kde.org/doc/markup/links.html
|
| One is for links inside the document, one is for links to external resources.

More correctly: ulink is for a link to a URL.

(There's a third one as well (olink), but afaik they're still
working on it to get it implemented in style sheets.  It's so
general that quite a bit of extra machinery is needed, and that
is complicated.)

It's best only to use link and ulink in the documentation.

Frederik