[kde-doc-english] FAQ section 7 wrong: K Window Manager handbook not found

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Aug 19 11:46:58 CEST 2003

Hi,

I was trying to find a way to configure the key bindings for the window
manager (switch desktops, maximize etc), but couldn't find it. Now the
question was listed in your FAQ but the whole section appears to be
wrong.

First off, it starts with:

> Please read "The K Window Manager Handbook" (should be accessible from the
> KDE Help Center) for usage information.

which is nowhere to be found. The answer to question 7.1 also refers to this
non-existant handbook.

The answer to question 7.2 is also wrong, although it did get me on the
right track: the keyboard shortcuts are now in 'Regional & Accessibility
options' instead of Look & Feel. So the answer should be changed -- but
IMHO I think keyboard shortcuts do not belong in that category (that's
why I had to search for so long before I found them), maybe you should
reconsider that.

I haven't checked the rest of the answers in this section but maybe someone
should.

So anyway, seeing as this list (?) is mentioned as being the maintainer
(question 1.1) I thought I'd send this to you. Please CC me on any answers
as I'm not subscribed.

BTW, all this on a FreeBSD-5.1-CURRENT, complete KDE 3.1.3 laptop install.
And of course this is meant to be constructive criticism -- I really like the
way KDE has gone forward (last time I looked, around KDE 2, I didn't really
like it that much).

--Stijn

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.  There's a knob
called `brightness', but it doesn't work."