[kde-doc-english]Handbook browsing quirk

Pam R pamroberts at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 22 00:49:28 CEST 2002

On Saturday 21 September 2002 11:14 pm, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> On Saturday 21 September 2002 23:05, Pam R wrote:
> > I have noticed that when I view a handbook page that doesn't have much
> > content, so there is no vertical scroll bar, then clicking on the 'Next'
> > link at the bottom right doesn't always work, especially if the mouse
> > pointer is near the 'N' rather than the 't'. The one at the top of the
> > page always works.
> >
> > A good example is the Introduction page to KPaint.
> >
> > This happens when I am using the KDE HelpCenter to view the page and also
> > if I view it directly in Konqueror with for example
> > help:/kpaint/intro.html, but not if I look at the page on docs.kde.org
> >
> > Strange...
>
> This looks like a bug in KHelpCenter. Also if you resize the window, the
> scrollbar appears at random, and when it disappears again this bug goes
> away.

I'm not so sure about that - I used meinproc to generate a set of .html pages
for KPaint so I could look at them in Konqueror without involving KHelpCenter
and the bug is still there. But, I have also noticed that if you are looking
at a page which has a vertical scrollbar then the page also has a horizontal
scrollbar, which shouldn't be necessary, and the rule seems to be:

 bug = (horizontal scrollbar present) ? false: true;

if you C what I mean :)

--
Pam R: Don't put off until tomorrow what you can leave to the day after.
Linux StepbyStep: http://www.linux-sxs.org/stepbystep.html