[kde-doc-english]Doc for konqueror

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Mon Sep 9 10:54:08 CEST 2002

| Replying to my own message ! ...
|
| But http://i18n.kde.org/doc/markup/gui.html says
| Please note this is a KDE specific use of <keysym>, and does not precisely
| follow the examples in the Duck Book. "
|
| So I guess we should be using the KDE specific definitions for <keycap> and
| <keysym> ?

Sometimes there are deviations, either because of different use
(like this one), or because of differences in the style sheets.
(I used to document the latter, but I'm not sure this is still
done.  It's in fact necessary for interoperability with other
systems like GNOME.  Anyway.)

I don't recall how the text you quote came about.  It may be that
it was decided that keysym was the description for the text
printed on the key (because that may vary, as we know).  I'm not
so happy with that use of keysym (and especially not when this
deviation is not marked up with role), but given the relatively
subtle distinction, there's not an awful lot hingeing on this I
guess (should it have become established KDE practice).  Keysym
is a rather low-level concept.

Frederik