[kde-doc-english]Doc for konqueror

Pam R pamroberts at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 7 08:49:21 CEST 2002

On Friday 06 September 2002 7:21 pm, Pam R wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 September 2002 4:15 pm, Frederik Fouvry wrote:
>
> [snip}
>
> >The DocBook documentation contains this example:
> >
> >   <para>
> >   The <keycap>F1</keycap> key on an IBM PC keyboard generates the
> >   scan code <keycode>0x3B</keycode> when pressed.  This value
> >   is defined as <keysym>KEY_F1</keysym> in
> >   <filename class="headerfile">keyboard.h</filename>.
> >   </para>
> >
> > It doesn't say it all, but imho it makes clear that what you want
> > in most cases is keycap.  Few users care about keysyms and keycodes.
>
> Thank you Frederik for that example, it has cleared up my confusion about
> the difference between <keycap> (refers to a physical key) and <keysym>
> (refers to an element in code).

Replying to my own message ! ...

But http://i18n.kde.org/doc/markup/gui.html says
Please note this is a KDE specific use of <keysym>, and does not precisely
follow the examples in the Duck Book. "

So I guess we should be using the KDE specific definitions for <keycap> and
<keysym> ?

--
Pam R: Don't put off until tomorrow what you can leave to the day after.
Linux StepbyStep: http://www.linux-sxs.org/stepbystep.html