[kde-doc-english]Re: entities

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Thu Sep 5 14:08:44 CEST 2002

| > etc. would be a possibility.  (Whether one prefers the text or
| > the image probably depends on the user level - and the exact
| > keyboard.)
|
| My point was that "Tab" is rather a symbol than something engraved on a
| keyboard.

Sure - I don't think we can take this too strictly, otherwise we
need a style sheet for every set of symbols that are printed on
commercially available keyboards.  A text name is easy, and there
are keyboards on which it is printed.  IMO any keycap is OK as
long as it is helpful and clear what is meant.  The description
"printed on the key" is a guideline to give this choice some
consistency.  It is not a function name for instance that will
give wrong results if it is not named correctly.  That's the
crucial point (for me anyway).

|	    Although one could object that KEY_TAB would be the correct X11
| symbol.

Quite.

Frederik