[kde-doc-english]Doc for konqueror

Pam R pamroberts at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 20:38:12 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 8:54 am, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> Pam,
>
> I have noticed that LMB;, MMB; and RMB; are not systematically used in
> konqueror's documentation, leading to marjup problem and more complicated
> translation.
>
> Would it be possible to search occurences of "left", "right" and "middle",
> and to replace when needed? I did not do it myself, because I knew you are
> currently working on that doc.

Hi Eric

You mean where, for example, I have put
<mousebutton>left</mousebutton> click ...
rather than
&LMB; click ... ?

It has been done deliberately, because &LMB; would get expanded to
<mousebutton>left</mousebutton> mouse button click ...
which IMHO is a rather ponderous way of expressing things in en_US, especially
when it occurs many many times in the text.

I seem to remember that this point was raised soon after the &LMB; etc.
entities were introduced, and some translators also raised potentiol problems
with the use of &LMB; and its friends.

But, I wasn't aware that doing this leads to markup problems and more
complicated translation, perhaps you could explain this more fully so that we
can arrive at an optimum solution.

--
Pam R: Don't put off until tomorrow what you can leave to the day after.